PDF software

Posted by: Bob Zimmerman

PDF software - 01/10/18 10:06 AM

I have used mostly Adobe Acrobat Pro for pdf annotation, conversion, review and collating documents for pipe stress work documentation activities. Also a short period of time with Bluebeam Revu. Both programs are relatively expensive but are the standard for the industry.

Has anyone used other highly rated products such as NITRO PRO 11, FOXIT PHANTOM PDF BUSINESS 8 or NUANCE POWER PDF ADVANCED which are significantly less expensive that do an adequate job and are compatible with Adobe Acrobat Pro?
Posted by: Edward Klein

Re: PDF software - 02/08/19 01:39 PM

We started with Acrobat Pro about ten years ago to markup ISO's. About five or six years ago we switched to using the editor from Tracker Software. I've enjoyed good success with it:

https://www.tracker-software.com/

We've got a custom set of stamps that we use to annotate stress ISO's with restraint symbols, node numbers, along with approval/rejection stamps, and digital version of PE Seals for final sign-off of IFC's.

We're actually evaluating Bluebeam Revu right now and, I have to say I'm not impressed so far. Its approach to stamps and organization is very primitive compared to what I've become used to with PDF-Xchange.
Posted by: amit_j_82

Re: PDF software - 02/15/19 03:33 AM

I agree PDF XChange Editor is the best for stress markup. Commenting is very easy with it.

Mr Edward, i understand from your comment that there is very organised set of stamps use is being made by you.

I do use my set stamps is Xchange, but are very limited to few sets of notes for Civil Loading, X mark for support locations in 3D snapshots from & XYZ coordinates.

I was anxious to see your set of stamps, could you please mark some to blank pdf and attach to reply? if it is okay with you.

I wish to organize mine & set a procedure.

Amit