2D Isometric Package

Posted by: jmarvinwash

2D Isometric Package - 06/25/13 02:39 PM

Since you have been so nice and given us Draft Pro 2D, would it be possible to provide a 2D Isometric Package? It does not have to be linked in any way to the Ortho package.
Posted by: Vornel Walker

Re: 2D Isometric Package - 06/27/13 05:35 AM

Sorry, but we have no plans to offer a free isometric package. We are glad that you have found value in DraftPro and hope that you continue to enjoy its benefits in the creation of intelligent orthographic plant drawings.
Posted by: GIORGIO

Re: 2D Isometric Package - 07/03/13 12:12 AM

Hy, is there any chance to have back the ISOs feature in future? I don't understand why on release 13 have been removed and the only way to produce isos from a model is with Isogen. I understand that isogen is a more "professional" way to get isos, but I don't want to spend extramoney for an additional software since until release 12 CW was a complete software.
Posted by: Vanman

Re: 2D Isometric Package - 07/04/13 07:09 AM

AutoIso really is old technology. Great back in the 90's, very dated now.

You can still sort of simulate the AutoIso process in CADWorx 2013. Once your line is complete, you can run the CONVERTISO and AUTODIM commands. Transfer the viewports etc to paperspace and run the BOMTOTAL or BOMCUT command on your model.

The result will be similar to AutoIso.
Posted by: GIORGIO

Re: 2D Isometric Package - 07/04/13 09:34 AM

Hy Vanman,
many thanks for the tip, I will try.
I know, Autoiso is an old technology and Isogen is much better, but we do few isos per year and Autoiso is good enough at the moment.
Posted by: dgorsman

Re: 2D Isometric Package - 07/04/13 11:44 AM

The parent Intergraph company has some isometric tools like SPOOLGEN that might suit your needs. They are primarily aimed at fab shops, but their needs should be similar to yours. Also has the benefit of working directly with PCF files which can be imported and exported from CADWorx.