WRC calculation for vessel clip

Posted by: Shabeer

WRC calculation for vessel clip - 03/10/10 02:09 AM

Dear all,

how i do WRC calculation for pressure vessel comes with vessel clip like platform clip in the shell or head or support clips. please give valuable guidance. any standards is there...

with regards
srini
Posted by: Ray_Delaforce

Re: WRC calculation for vessel clip - 03/15/10 08:55 AM

Hello Shabeer

In PV Elite, look for an icon called: 'Add a clip'. This icon sits near the right hand end of the tool bar. You cannot put a clip on the head (only on a cylinder). You can only put a pipe attachment on the head, as WRC 107 has no provision for rectangular section clips on a head.
Posted by: fedeghi

Re: WRC calculation for vessel clip - 03/16/10 02:29 AM

Dear all,

I have found a problem on pvelite WRC "quick calculation screen".
When adding a circular clip, even if pvelite requires clip dimensions in millimeters, during the QUICK analisys it considers them as inches.
So the clip diameter, in mm, is multiplied again by 25.4 during the analisys.

When performing the complete analisys of the vessel, this problem does not occur.

Posted by: Ray_Delaforce

Re: WRC calculation for vessel clip - 03/16/10 06:32 AM

Hello fedeghi

Would yo be so kind as to send your PV Elite file to me direct. You can send it to techsupport@coade.com marked for my attention. I would like to see all your inputs. Thankyou.
Posted by: Mandeep Singh

Re: WRC calculation for vessel clip - 03/22/10 08:15 AM

This issue has been resolved, please download the latest PV Elite update and run it. From the COADE website, go to Support -> Downloads -> PV Elite.