User defined material- Yeild stress values

Posted by: jehan17718

User defined material- Yeild stress values - 05/18/08 04:04 AM

I have a user defined material of construction. Using PVELite's in-built “MATEDIT.exe” I was able to successfully input the ALLOWABLE STRESS VALUES as a function of temperature. However, there seems to be no provision to input the YEILD STRESS VALUES as a function of temperature.

How can this be achieved? The user defined material of construction has been successfully integrated with the ASME database and I can select it too and it "picks" the correct stress value as per design temeprature. However, for the yeild value it seems to be uncorrectly picking it as 0 and I am unable to locate a provision to rectify this.

The same is required as this user defined material of mine will be used as MOC for a tubesheet where the YEILD STRESS VALUES as a function of temperature is required in order to pick/ interpolate the yield stress value at the design temperature.

Thanks in advance. Your opinions are appreciated.

Regards,

Jehan Noras
Posted by: corne

Re: User defined material- Yeild stress values - 05/18/08 10:46 PM

I think you will find some info in this topic:
http://www.coade.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=17477
Posted by: Mandeep Singh

Re: User defined material- Yeild stress values - 05/19/08 05:08 PM

Jehan,

As a conservative rule, the program should be picking up 1.5 * S as the yield value. Are you using the latest build and version of PV Elite?