Rectangular Vessel External Pressure

Posted by: Roy Bridgwater

Rectangular Vessel External Pressure - 03/03/06 07:47 AM

Hello All.

Does anyone know of software that will check rectangular vessels for external pressure? I’ve already tried PV Elite, CodeCalc.
Had to resort to the trusted pen & paper.

Any help appreciated

Regards
Posted by: Ray_Delaforce

Re: Rectangular Vessel External Pressure - 03/06/06 10:04 AM

Hello Roy

CodeCalc has a provision for dealing with an external pressure. You will find it there if you look. If you have a problem you can write to techsupport@coade.com and mark the email for my attention.
Posted by: Roy Bridgwater

Re: Rectangular Vessel External Pressure - 03/07/06 06:33 AM

Hi Ray

Have looked at CodeCalc and for rectangular vessel there only appears to be an option to enter Internal pressure, or am I missing somethng?

Regards
Posted by: Scott_Mayeux

Re: Rectangular Vessel External Pressure - 03/07/06 07:11 AM

Roy,

External pressure calculations are only available for certain rectangular vessel types such as A1. If you press the ">>" button next to the figure number, you can enter in the design external pressure if the Code has rules for external pressure design for that figure.

If you are dealing with a figure that does not have a Code method for external pressure design, you must of course qualify your design using some other method.
Posted by: Ray_Delaforce

Re: Rectangular Vessel External Pressure - 03/07/06 03:04 PM

Sorry, Roy, I forgot to mention the external pressure is only available for certain configurations. I apologise.