Nozzle Insert (repad) Plate modeling and weld join analysis

Posted by: Chaitanya_t

Nozzle Insert (repad) Plate modeling and weld join analysis - 03/22/19 01:58 AM

Hi Everyone,

Please find the attached image of the vessel for understanding.

In my case, I need to design shell with a serial of nozzles on it. instead of using re-pad for each nozzle, I have to use a thicker plate by opening a shell and replace it with a thicker insert plate.
Please help me, how do consider this for model & where I need to given weld joint input between shell & insert plate for analysis.

I would greatly appreciate your help
Posted by: Chaitanya_t

Re: Nozzle Insert (repad) Plate modeling and weld join analysis - 03/01/22 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Chaitanya_t
Hi Everyone,

Please find the attached image of the vessel for understanding.

In my case, I need to design shell with a serial of nozzles on it. instead of using re-pad for each nozzle, I have to use a thicker plate by opening a shell and replace it with a thicker insert plate.
Please help me, how do consider this for model & where I need to given weld joint input between shell & insert plate for analysis.

I would greatly appreciate your help
Posted by: mariog

Re: Nozzle Insert (repad) Plate modeling and weld join analysis - 03/04/22 04:49 AM

You can use "Local Shell Thk." under Miscellaneous (Nozzle Main Tab). Use "Help" for explanations. The constructive details and reinforcement calculation depend on the applicable code.