bent strcutrual components

Posted by: jwood

bent strcutrual components - 06/18/20 12:09 PM

Structural 2019
When I create a PLINE with an arc the materials are split into three parts but I wish to have a single item that I call out as "bent" in the BOM. Single arc is fine by itself. Suggestions?
Posted by: Matt.Worland

Re: bent strcutrual components - 07/01/20 09:33 AM

It looks like Structure draws 3 separate pieces since they are separate, it won't consolidate in the BOM.
Posted by: Vanman

Re: bent strcutrual components - 07/02/20 12:16 AM

What you could do is model this as an extruded 3d solid or similar and then use the Structure generic attach tools. Not ideal I know, but this will resolve your BOM issues.
Posted by: Byron

Re: bent strcutrual components - 07/02/20 10:08 AM

what is Structure generic attach tool

Re: bent strcutrual components - 07/02/20 11:25 PM

This allows you to add data to any 3D Object in the model.

https://hexagonppm.fluidtopics.net/reader/5c7jKFeZbnbXObM~dAShug/KqFGEvNUw2pYjAKCifuiOQ
Posted by: dgorsman

Re: bent strcutrual components - 07/06/20 01:40 PM

Yeah, Generic Attach is wonderful for those oddball components. It would be greater if you could put pre-made descriptions into a spec so they don't have to be typed in manually every time.
Posted by: Hal Perison

Re: bent strcutrual components - 03/31/22 03:52 PM

Nice, but I have found that within CADWorx Structure, Generic Attach items do not extract to a BOM. (I can't say about any 3D solid elements, but have experienced this lack of BOM in CADWorx Structure elements converted to a Block and Generic information attached to the block)

Maybe, I am missing something here.

Re: bent strcutrual components - 03/31/22 11:09 PM

There seems to be a limitation with Generic on Blocks. I see if I can make some tests on the Beta.
Posted by: Matt.Worland

Re: bent strcutrual components - 04/01/22 08:23 AM

'New feature' in the past you could get Generic attach from pipe and structure items into a BOM, but last I tested it was still broken.