FieldPipe usage

Posted by: ferdoX

FieldPipe usage - 05/16/16 09:13 AM

My company is considering buying software solution for laser scanning and I have suggested FieldPipe as a Pipe processing solution. Would it also work with Equipment/Steel parts of CadWorx ? This forum seems very quiet, which is a bit worrying. It's either that not many companies use it, or hopefully, it's so easy and problems free, that no one needs to ask questions ? eek
Posted by: Vanman

Re: FieldPipe usage - 05/16/16 11:17 AM

I believe Steel and Equipment detection is in the pipeline. Fpipe is pretty easy to use on the pointcloud side. I cannot fathom the alternative of manual extraction of CL's for routing as built pipe.

Re: FieldPipe usage - 05/18/16 03:30 AM

Sounds good, I'll keep on lookout for new version with Steel/Equipment detection features smile
Posted by: dgorsman

Re: FieldPipe usage - 05/18/16 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Vanman
I believe Steel and Equipment detection is in the pipeline. Fpipe is pretty easy to use on the pointcloud side. I cannot fathom the alternative of manual extraction of CL's for routing as built pipe.

Indeed - very few people would be conversant in total station configuration and use, AutoCAD and CADWorx, *and* piping design.

However we model "true" rather than true-to-reality so extracting centerlines isn't as big a deal here.

Re: FieldPipe usage - 05/23/16 02:53 AM

CADWorx fieldPipe installation disc ReadMe file states:
CADWorx fieldPipe does not support Windows 8. Is this still true ?
Am I too optimistic hoping that someone managed to Run it using compatibility troubleshooter on Win 8.1 ?
Posted by: Vanman

Re: FieldPipe usage - 05/23/16 11:23 PM

To my knowledge it will only work on Win7. Possibly the 2017 version will include support for Win10.
Posted by: PiperTL

Re: FieldPipe usage - 09/19/16 11:43 AM

we have and use the fieldpipe on occasion. We have actually found that the Pointsense/Virtusurv from Farro works well. Just curious to how many out there is actually using this software instead of Fieldpipe...