UCS

Posted by: tech_mate

UCS - 11/11/08 02:58 AM

Hello everybody

we need to change UCS frequently & with UCS-next we can very easily get to our required orientation
I usually get irritated while defining axis at different angles & in most of the cases I have to draw along 45deg angle
Please tell me a lightening/very quick method to switch to UCS enabeling piping at angles other than 90 (specially @ 45)

Keep Well

Posted by: Vanman

Re: UCS - 11/11/08 03:36 AM

Couple of options.

1. If you already have the sloped pipeline, use UCS object to align with the pipe.

2. Set up a couple more preset UCS in your *.dwt. This will enable you to just pick them from the UCSII toolbar or from the viewcube if you prefer drawing in a shaded mode.
Posted by: JeffR

Re: UCS - 11/11/08 05:48 AM

I set my Polar Tracking to 45 degrees, this works very well. Any other angle then i would use my UCS Object.

Posted by: MattCB

Re: UCS - 11/11/08 07:42 AM

give the command 3DFOLLOW a try.
see the cadworx help file for more info on it.
Posted by: tech_mate

Re: UCS - 11/12/08 12:01 AM

thanks to all of you, got a nice response and will try to use all above commands in an optimum way & will share it later

There is always a better way to do things, I suggest we should have a similar topic in which we should share best ways of to do Efficient Modeling in cadworx-plant
Posted by: Croat

Re: UCS - 11/12/08 04:41 PM

I find that by setting my Polar Tracking to 15 degrees you get more of a spectrum available to you. It will snap and lock on 0, 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90 etc etc. degrees.

Re: UCS - 11/13/08 07:46 AM

the hard part for some of the older users is getting off ortho. they insist it is the only way to draw a straight line and then when they got a common angle like 30 degrees they cant figure out how to do it.
Posted by: Croat

Re: UCS - 11/13/08 11:40 AM

Very True Matt....but I'm assuming that people that are coming on here asking for advice are more or less people that aren't scared of a little Change. :-)

BTW....had we finished our round in Houston....we would have cleaned up the tournement...we were just settling down.

Re: UCS - 11/13/08 11:52 AM

i thought i recognized the name... i just couldnt remember which one of you canucks it was.
once the buzz set in, i felt we were on a roll even if we finally bogeyed that par 3.
Posted by: Rod Abbott

Re: UCS - 11/17/08 08:41 PM

I tend to use 3-point UCS alot when I draw at odd angles. I also tend to use alot of point filters and Apparent intersection.