Cadworx 2019 file bloat

Posted by: hwood

Cadworx 2019 file bloat - 10/16/19 10:16 AM

We are seeing a phenomenon where a cadworx model file increases in size from 13MB to 21MB with only a couple of hours of working in it. Running a purge and audit doesn't change the file size much. In fact sometimes it increases it. I finally copied all of the cadworx components into a new template and the file size went down to 9.42MB. But this is not a long term solution. I need to know what is causing the file bloat. This doesn't seem to be happening on other modeling files that we are using. Is it a known cadworx issue? I didn't see it until we upgraded to 2019, and maybe not until we installed the HF1 but I can't say that for sure. We are currently running Cadworx 2019 SP2 HF1 on Autocad 2019. Any suggestions?
Posted by: dgorsman

Re: Cadworx 2019 file bloat - 10/16/19 03:25 PM

Not necessarily CADWorx related. Could be rogue annotation scales, or Autodesk materials, or Map3D-related settings, or Civil3D data, or DGN line types.
Posted by: rchiasson

Re: Cadworx 2019 file bloat - 11/11/19 08:59 AM

Agree with dgorsman on this.

Is the file size increasing after bringing in xreferences? Have you done a -purge / Regapps? We have not seen any issues with CADWorx files randomly increasing in size. Is this happening on a particular project, or across different projects and all files?