stud lengths

Posted by: jwood

stud lengths - 08/19/19 05:52 PM

I am creating two studs options one with washers and once without.

I may be going about this wrong...
For the stud without washers I'd like the length of the stud to be only the length I enter in the CAT under length see image 001

For the stud with washers I'd like the program to add the washer length to the total length. see image 002

So far my program as started adding accumulative lengths per stick out, nut length, etc. which I do not want to occur. I do not remember seeing this before or maybe I was not looking for it.

My round off varable is set to 0
F2 shows the following

Command:
Command: PLACEBOLT

STUD BOLTS, ASTM A193 GR B7, W/2 HEAVY HEX NUTS, W/2 FLAT WASHERS, ASTM 194 GR 2H (CAD PLATED)
Pick start point :
Bolt_Len: Type 2 : Bolt_Len = FlgGas_Thk + Nut_Cnt*Nut_Thk + 2*Bolt_Ext + Washer_Count*Washer_Thk
Bolt_Len: Type 2 : [ 4.0000] = [ 2.0000] + [ 2]*[ 0.6250] + 2*[ 0.2500] + [ 1]*[ 0.2500]
Bolt length adjusted from catalog value of [ 3.7500] to [ 4.0000]
Posted by: Vanman

Re: stud lengths - 08/19/19 11:49 PM

If you want to suppress the bolt length calculation, you will need to use a Type 0 bolt. I see in both screenshots the bolt length is set to Type 2.

Re: stud lengths - 08/20/19 08:49 AM

Good advice that corrected the issue, Thanks!
Now AUTOBOLT does not work, see set up below:

Command: FLGW
FLG WELD NECK, RF, 150LB, S/STD, ASTM A105
Pick start point or [Buttweld end] :
Cannot find any Stud Bolts components with 150LB rating
Posted by: Vanman

Re: stud lengths - 08/20/19 11:14 PM

I also recently ran into that issue. Seems to be with certain service packs of 2019. I logged an SR, perhaps you can do the same to bump up the priority.

Re: stud lengths - 08/21/19 06:20 AM

I did that yesterday. After reviewing the accumulative growth to determine the stud length, I can see it's potential, like if a client requested a particular stick out.

I am experimenting with type 1 studs as they seem to hold fixed lengths and auto bolt but do not show balanced CONVERTENHANCED as type 2 dose.

How you follow B16.5? Fixed lengths (type 0 )or accumulative (type 2)? If you use accumulative did you build as reference chart for QAQC of studs in ISOs since you cannot follow any stud chart with "new" lengths...?
Posted by: PiperTL

Re: stud lengths - 08/28/19 04:37 PM

We have created bolts for clients that have their own charts and go from B16.5 on any that do not. Same with machine/cap screws. We also have separate bolts with different types of setup for items such as butterfly and thru-bolts for control valves etc. All the items that are shown in the typed portion we have in the custom data field in each data table to just pull from.
I would like to see how people are using the bolt and gasket designator more.

Re: stud lengths - 09/03/19 09:44 AM

For now we are moving forward with type 2 and showing nut, washers, and stick out lengths which exceed B16.5 lengths.