Equipment Objects and 3D Copying/Editing No-Go's

Posted by: Chill-N

Equipment Objects and 3D Copying/Editing No-Go's - 10/17/19 07:33 AM

Starting use of Equipment in its current, 2019, iteration, I notice that all equipment (in my case it is vessel and nozzle) objects do not behave/react the same as non-Equipment based solids.

For example...
* Equipment solid entities cannot be duplicated (Why?)
* Boolean edits (subtract) seem to work if you create a dumb (non-Equipment) solid to subtract from the Equipment solid.
* SLICE does not appear to work on Equipment. (Why not?)

Update me as you can.
Posted by: Vanman

Re: Equipment Objects and 3D Copying/Editing No-Go's - 10/17/19 10:37 PM

You can duplicate equipment components, you can use copy/paste in the component tree.
Posted by: Chill-N

Re: Equipment Objects and 3D Copying/Editing No-Go's - 10/18/19 09:12 AM

I am stepping through the process of understanding perceived limitations with the Equipment objects and may make generalizations / may be in error due to frustration.

I thank you for your pointers. I suppose there is no CWEXPLODE to convert to ACIS solids?

It does appear a graphic screen copy/paste is not possible due to the way Equipment is designed. I can understand that and I like the way Equipment functions.

My purpose here was to re-familiarize myself with Equipment; modeling a portion of a vessel with two nozzles for a simple nozzle re-design and not for plant layout purposes.

For this task, I will convert Equipment content to surfaces or and re-create ACIS solids from 2D content profiles.
Posted by: Vanman

Re: Equipment Objects and 3D Copying/Editing No-Go's - 10/20/19 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Chill-N

I thank you for your pointers. I suppose there is no CWEXPLODE to convert to ACIS solids?

The Equipment objects are already regular 3D solids, no need to convert. smile