USER1 From Custom Data - From Spec to P&ID?

Posted by: SaturnV

USER1 From Custom Data - From Spec to P&ID? - 01/12/22 12:58 PM

Can the USER1 data from the CADWorx spec be brought into the valve symbol in CADWorx P&ID like the TAG data can? If so, is there a tutorial?

SaturnV
Posted by: Matt.Worland

Re: USER1 From Custom Data - From Spec to P&ID? - 01/13/22 09:17 AM

I dont think that would be possible, If you have valves in your user shapes for plant and you are trying to 'link' them in pid, you would need to move those items to the valve section in the spec. Then in plant you could use the custom valve body option and place your user shape block on top of the valve in the model.

But as for using the data from one item group (user shape) to another (valve) is not a standard function of the software.
Posted by: SaturnV

Re: USER1 From Custom Data - From Spec to P&ID? - 01/17/22 07:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt.Worland
I dont think that would be possible, If you have valves in your user shapes for plant and you are trying to 'link' them in pid, you would need to move those items to the valve section in the spec. Then in plant you could use the custom valve body option and place your user shape block on top of the valve in the model.

But as for using the data from one item group (user shape) to another (valve) is not a standard function of the software.

Thank you Matt. I wanted to clarify that I am not trying to move the user shape category into the valve category. Rather, I am trying to use a Custom Data field (text) and bring those values at the component level into P&ID. I am just calling the custom data USER1, which may have been confusing.

That's what I am trying to see if it is possible.

SaturnV
Posted by: Matt.Worland

Re: USER1 From Custom Data - From Spec to P&ID? - 01/18/22 09:53 AM

Good question, I haven't tried to do that before. Custom Data is fairly new and I haven't spent much time experimenting in CW PID for a while now, most of my PID time recently has been in the ECE Diagrams product

I would think it would show if you added it to a standard field like, Tag, Long Description, Short Description..., but I'm not sure how you would get to it as a stand-alone data item.
Posted by: Vanman

Re: USER1 From Custom Data - From Spec to P&ID? - 01/18/22 11:06 PM

@Saturn I have not tried this before, but have you tried adding a USER1 block attribute to your PID Symbol and then setting SpecControl = 1 when placing?