repeate items of plate in BOM

Posted by: jwood

repeate items of plate in BOM - 09/02/16 12:26 PM

Operating Cadworx 2013

1.) Lately I've been having structural plate come in repeating in the BOM instead of grouping the identical parts in the BOM, & the channel and beam are grouping properly.

How do I make the plate group?

2.) When beam and channels are extended they will rotate back to there original induction position. How is this corrected? I have experimented with the UCS placement at the time of induction to no avail.

How to keep structural components in their placed position when you stretch or lengthen them ?

3.) My selected UCS will adapt to the structural steel face of the component i cam close to.

Can this be turned off?

Posted by: Matt.Worland

Re: repeate items of plate in BOM - 09/05/16 10:44 PM

1. Upgrade to latest version it is fixed there.

2. Only rotate components using to rotation option in the edit dialog for the component. Using AutoCAD commands will get overwritten after a stretch.

3. Do you have dynamic ucs or ucsfollow on?

Re: repeate items of plate in BOM - 09/06/16 01:22 PM

Roger that.

I use Cadworx PIPE_ALT UCS ribbon and when selecting the boxes in the pics I am NOW able to insert and stretch steel components keeping their inserted orientation. Thanks!

Boss is refusing to update from Cadworx 2013 until oil/gas prices come up again. Second quarter of next year...

Now that I am back on track, my only follow up is the BOM TAGS can be inserted at an angle and specified length in model space (you are prompted in the command line)but I need to be able to modify the same in paper space............Ideas?
Posted by: Vanman

Re: repeate items of plate in BOM - 09/07/16 10:59 AM

Can do the same in paperspace? Check out BomTagSpacingFactor ( I think? ) in the cfg to control distance of bubbles from components.

Re: repeate items of plate in BOM - 09/08/16 11:53 AM