Extra Material in Isogen?

Posted by: SaturnV

Extra Material in Isogen? - 09/17/19 06:15 AM

Is there a way to get additional material from the spec into the iso material list when a component is selected?

For example, I have a needle valve in a spec. When the user places it in the model I want 2 x MNPT plugs (from the same pipe spec) of a given size to come out on the iso's BOM in addition to the needle valve.

SaturnV
Posted by: dgorsman

Re: Extra Material in Isogen? - 09/17/19 08:29 AM

No. In theory the PCF file has the capacity, but there's no direct way for CADWorx to create it. You either need to tap the valve body and add the plugs (maybe a good use of an assembly), or imply the plugs in the valve description (if they are included with the valve).
Posted by: SaturnV

Re: Extra Material in Isogen? - 09/17/19 12:37 PM

Thanks. I searched in the documentation and didn't see any. Another 3D CAD system I supported had the capability and I wanted to make sure I covered the bases and asked.

SaturnV
Posted by: Vanman

Re: Extra Material in Isogen? - 09/17/19 10:58 PM

You could add additional columns to the BOM via Custom data and attribute mapping. You could also add some GENERICATTACH, this will give an additional line on the BOM, but not call out on the isometric. We carefull with this though as you can into continuuity issues.