IDF File for Spoolgen

Posted by: sylv7320

IDF File for Spoolgen - 09/22/15 09:04 AM

Does CADWorx Isogen produce a file comparable the .idf file produced by PDS Isogen that can be used by the fab shop as a neutral file for import to Spoolgen?
Posted by: dgorsman

Re: IDF File for Spoolgen - 09/22/15 10:22 AM

Yes. It produces both a PCF and an IDF (but IDF use isn't that common) in the user's temp folder, which are passed to the ISOGEN process. These can be harvested using the pre- and post-process ISOGEN utilities. Although I'd be sorely tempted to just use the PCFOUT function to directly generate PCF files from the model.

Re: IDF File for Spoolgen - 01/03/17 02:41 PM

If I export PCF files by line, how can I get it to give me separate .pcf files for each line? When I select more than one line from the list it puts all the components in a single file under the PIPELINE-REFERENCE of the last line selected.

I have s shop fabricator now requesting .pcf files for all isos we issued to them.
Posted by: Matt.Worland

Re: IDF File for Spoolgen - 01/03/17 03:26 PM

The easiest way I know of is to run ISOGENBATCH, since that creates PCF files automatically by line number.

Re: IDF File for Spoolgen - 01/04/17 09:27 AM

^ +1

I've got our ISOGEN configured to automatically harvest the PCF files for fabrication use if required. We always provide isometrics along with fabrication PCF files as a "sanity check".

Re: IDF File for Spoolgen - 01/04/17 09:30 AM

Yeah, I just reran all the isos to get the PCFs. It didn't take much longer than to export PCF files by line. Thanks
Posted by: PaoloDP

Re: IDF File for Spoolgen - 11/28/18 06:26 AM

Originally Posted By: dgorsman
Yes. It produces both a PCF and an IDF (but IDF use isn't that common) in the user's temp folder, which are passed to the ISOGEN process. These can be harvested using the pre- and post-process ISOGEN utilities. Although I'd be sorely tempted to just use the PCFOUT function to directly generate PCF files from the model.

How to harvest IDF files? Out customer need IDF-s.

Re: IDF File for Spoolgen - 11/28/18 09:15 AM

Originally Posted By: PaoloDP
Originally Posted By: dgorsman

How to harvest IDF files? Out customer need IDF-s.

That's a *lot* trickier - they don't get saved anywhere special so they would need to be copied on-the-fly to another location. You might want to look at other applications which can convert PCF to IDF, or at least confirm why the client will only take IDF and not PCF.
Posted by: PaoloDP

Re: IDF File for Spoolgen - 11/29/18 07:43 AM

Thanks for info. As far I know, client uses SmartPlant. He probably want to import out pips into model or at least somehow create isometric. I saw that SmartPlant Interop Publisher can do conversion.
However, I will offer PCF to him and that's it.