peq flange analysis in CAESAR

Posted by: B.Suresh kumar

peq flange analysis in CAESAR - 06/14/11 04:21 AM

Hi,

I need correct way of inputing for Flange leakage analysis(peq method) in CAESAR. I am able to understand or input all the things but i am facing problem in selecting required input from " flange pressure rating" box in peq method. say for example for 10" flange with 1500 rating in peq method , when i click the "read from table" it is taking me to "flange pressure rating". Here i am facing problem in selecting suitable configuration. Could any please help me out on the same.

it has some configurations like below.
etc to choose from

Please help which one to select in the analysis.

Thank you in advance.

Re: peq flange analysis in CAESAR - 06/14/11 05:56 AM

The version i was talking about is CAESAR II 5.10
Posted by: stress1698

Re: peq flange analysis in CAESAR - 06/14/11 05:57 AM

first you have to refer ASME B16.5 in which you have to choose material group 1.1,1.2......etc based on your flange material

say if you have carbon steel flange material A105 than u have go to class 1.1 and caesar will take all the data from the table.
see attached file

Re: peq flange analysis in CAESAR - 06/14/11 06:06 AM

Thank you stress guy. i could finally figure out how to input this with your help.
Posted by: Shabeer

Re: peq flange analysis in CAESAR - 06/15/11 05:59 AM

hai,

In which load case, we can check flange leakage for off shore piping.
Posted by: danb

Re: peq flange analysis in CAESAR - 06/16/11 02:10 PM

In all cases (except transport), the aim is to make sure no leakage occur.

Regards,
Posted by: Chary_S_Raghava

Re: peq flange analysis in CAESAR - 06/16/11 09:32 PM

I have a problem in thIS area. I have a flange in the line and wish to analyze for leakage. It should be possible to perform leakage analysis dirEctly , within a run. I could not. It required, obtaining the forces & moments (ofcourse, they can be read by the program) and making a separate run for flange leakage. Is it not possible to have flange leakage option in the same run, at one go? Request somebody to help me.

Regards,

S. RAGHAVA CHARY
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: peq flange analysis in CAESAR - 06/16/11 10:12 PM

Flange leakage is not performed in the static stress run. You perform this analysis after resolving any stress issues with the piping.
Posted by: Chary_S_Raghava

Re: peq flange analysis in CAESAR - 06/20/11 02:59 AM

Thank you for the reply. In any case, flange leakeage analysis have to be done after static stress run.
Regards,
S. RAGHAVA CHARY