Locking Model

Posted by: Gimini55

Locking Model - 08/08/05 08:16 AM

Rick,

Where should I go to lock the model? I would think there is an option to lock a model by setting a password into it. Thanks.
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Locking Model - 08/08/05 08:25 AM

Use the "Archive" option. You can activate this, while in the input, from the "File" menu or use the "padlock" toolbar button.
Posted by: Gimini55

Re: Locking Model - 08/08/05 09:38 AM

Thanks Rick.
Posted by: Stack_cl

Re: Locking Model - 10/17/20 05:58 AM

HI Richard, I am using the 2019 version... and the padlock button isn't in the software. How can I block the model?

I'm working in a large pipeline model, with 6000 nodes aprox, so when a change a restraint or anything, the graphic model redraw the complete model and this takes 5-8 seconds for every change, and I have to change 2 parameters of a 3000 restraints, so you undersad that is a lot of time.

In 2018 version the padlock button was in the "reset and refresh" toolbar, I used to use this button a lot before.

Thanks

Re: Locking Model - 10/19/20 02:47 PM

With the rewrite of the graphics for v.11, the padlock wasn't (or shouldn't be) needed any more. The graphics update only redraws what was changed. If you change a restraint, only that restraint should be redrawn.

If this isn't happening for you, please open an SR, send in your model, and a step by step workflow so we can reproduce the issue.

Re: Locking Model - 11/10/20 08:46 AM

Hi Richard,

Where can I send the model?

Thanks

Re: Locking Model - 11/10/20 08:49 AM

Dear Richard, Thanks for your answer. Where can I send the model?

Best regards

Hector Stack

Re: Locking Model - 11/10/20 11:56 AM

Open an SR on Smart Support.