Installing version 5.0 in Windows Vista/7.

Posted by: cauli

Installing version 5.0 in Windows Vista/7. - 02/16/11 03:49 AM

Dear all

I had query this is in regard to installation of Caesar II 5.0 in windows 7. I tried to install it both in vista/windows 7 but after certain time the installation file stagnate and doesnot do any thing.Ultimately i have to stop the installation as it is not progressing at all even after almost 3 hrs. Interestingly when i tried it with version 4.5.This readily got install in windows 7.If Any of the expert has the solution .May please guide and advised

Thanks in advance

sandeep
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Installing version 5.0 in Windows Vista/7. - 02/16/11 08:18 AM

c2 Version 5.00 was released long before Windows7, so it is not surprising that you could encounter a problem. Where (exactly) did the installation hang? If it was the installation of the HASP driver, continue on, then download the lastest HASP driver from Safe-Net's website and install that.
Posted by: cauli

Re: Installing version 5.0 in Windows Vista/7. - 02/18/11 04:59 AM

Thanks Richard .I tried with installing latest set up for HASP driver .But while installing Caesar and after choosing the lock up type.The installation as such doesn't hang but it doesn't move any further .Could it be a problem with ISSetupPrerequisites (Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8) bundle with CD . May please guide.

Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Installing version 5.0 in Windows Vista/7. - 02/18/11 09:46 AM

I really don't know. The c2 installation is self contained, and it includes the prerequisites. Theoretically, Windows 7 should already have everything an older version of c2 (5.00, 5.10) needs. The HASP driver is the only thing I can think of that could be incompatible with a later OS, simply because this is a "system driver".

I have seen installations that took a very long time. I think this is more of a hardware issue between the DVD and the DVD-drive. Start it up and let it run overnight and see if the installation completes.