Stress Value ( From Level 1 to 6) in 3-D Plot

Posted by: Ashutosh_Ojha12

Stress Value ( From Level 1 to 6) in 3-D Plot - 01/19/11 11:11 PM

Hi

In CAESAR-II 5.2 there is an option of "3-D Plot" when batch run is perform, In 3-D Plot we can see Stress % value & Stresses Values in Model thru different colours from Level 1 to Level 6... My Question is that :- How Can we change the % Value or stress Value on Different Levels( From 1 to 6),Is that possible we can do changes as we want??????
Posted by: Joseph_Boralo_2011

Re: Stress Value ( From Level 1 to 6) in 3-D Plot - 01/20/11 12:22 AM

Explore your graphic setting!

Re: Stress Value ( From Level 1 to 6) in 3-D Plot - 01/20/11 01:06 AM

Dear Joseph,

I had alreaady done that option, but my question is not for changing the colors for different levels, My query is for changing the stress values and Stress % by keeping the same colours as default...Is it possible???
Posted by: Dave Diehl

Re: Stress Value ( From Level 1 to 6) in 3-D Plot - 01/20/11 09:18 AM

Click on the percent that you want to change. You can change it just like you can change the color.
I might suggest leaving >100% but changing the next few to 90%, 80%, 70% as I'm not too interested in the lower levels.
I fyou are only intersted in locating overstress, I find it useful to change all colors to white except the biggest. It clearly locates those (over)stress nodes.

Re: Stress Value ( From Level 1 to 6) in 3-D Plot - 01/20/11 11:36 PM

Thanks Dave for your support.

regards,
Ashutosh
Posted by: corne

Re: Stress Value ( From Level 1 to 6) in 3-D Plot - 01/22/11 01:51 AM

@Dave: Isn't that what the overstress option in the plot is for? I think it will give the same results (red = overstress, white=all other) as in your settings.
Posted by: Dave Diehl

Re: Stress Value ( From Level 1 to 6) in 3-D Plot - 01/24/11 09:40 AM

Yes. Just an example. Also, you can change it from "overstress" to "within 90% of the allowable" in this fashion. It may not be so "black & white".