Tooltip is flickering

Posted by: Grant

Tooltip is flickering - 11/18/10 04:21 AM

Does anyone know why the tooltip is continuously flickering on the input screen in some CII files?

I am using 5.2 version of latest build, and my colleagues are having the same problem with those files.
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Tooltip is flickering - 11/18/10 12:05 PM

If this only happens with "some" files, could you send one in to caesarii@intergraph.com - so we can take a look at it?
Posted by: Michael_Fletcher

Re: Tooltip is flickering - 11/22/10 10:58 AM

If this is in reference to the "pop-up" tooltip, please regard my post below. Else, my post should've gone in its own thread.

In my experience, it has more to do with the complexity of the model, or the changes made to the model as you go along. It always starts off ok, but after a certain point, you get flickering tool-tip, or misinformation redisplayed after the tool-tip disappears.

Also, in my experience, the misinformation is an displaced tile of what's already on-screen. I.E. when the tool-tip disappears, a tile size the same size as the tool-tip appears in its place. The tile seems to "copy and paste" the wrong section of the screen in place, if that makes sense, and may be an error related to how C2 determines where to pop up the tool-tip in the first place.

Rotating the model slightly and rotating it back is the easiest way to fix this error. Likewise, you can disable the tool-tips.
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Tooltip is flickering - 11/22/10 10:37 PM

We just acquired a new machine with this same problem. We replaced the video driver (from the graphics board vendor's website) and the problem went away.