CaesarII-5.2

Posted by: NMV

CaesarII-5.2 - 11/24/09 09:54 PM

HI

MY COMPANY UPGRADE FROM CAESARII-5.1 TO 5.2 LATEST VERSION,WE INSTALL AND TRY FIRST TIME ITS WORKING,WHEN I RESTART MY PC AND OPEN 5.2 THE PIPING INPUT DIALOG BOX WILL NOT OPEN,PLEASE ANY BODY HELP ME HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 11/25/09 08:21 AM

This is a problem that a handfull of people have experienced. The issue seems to be that upon a restart of the machine, Windows is replacing a "system level" DLL that was installed by one of the prerequesites (a Prerequesite is a non-COADE file loaded by the installation process on an as needed basis). Obviously this shouldn't be happening.

The InstallShield people have attempted to assist in this matter, but they don't know what is going on either, and the "log files" don't indicate where the problem is.

You can recover from this problem by putting the c2 DVD back in the drive and letting it do a "Repair". After this, the input will work fine, until the next time you restart Windows.

We are working to resolve this issue, but as usual, this problem doesnt' occur here are COADE.

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 12/10/09 07:32 PM

Thank you for your reply,if they will find any solution plaese let me know.

Thank you
Posted by: Dave Diehl

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 12/11/09 09:08 AM

Look down at your Task Bar. Any chance your input processor is opening in a "minimized" state? If you see a second C2 listing in your Task Bar when you open your input, click on that item and select Maximize from the list.

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 12/13/09 08:08 PM

we already check this ,it not open in minimized state also.
Thanks
N.M.V

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 01/12/10 11:26 PM

Hi,

Any results regarding the above topic?

thanks
N.M.V

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 01/13/10 09:09 AM

We have not found a solution to this issue so far.
Posted by: Trevor

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 02/25/10 10:33 AM

I am also having this issue. Is it possible to revert back to the previous release until a solution is found? Thanks

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 02/25/10 01:03 PM

Sure, you could uninstall 5.20 and then reinstall your last 5.10, but the 5.20 job files are not downward compatible.

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 05/26/10 10:43 AM

We believe we have found the cause and a solution to this issue. Please refer to the associated PDF file here:
Posted by: ramprabhu1983

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 06/29/10 12:25 AM

hai i am not able to open caesar 5.2. while opening iam getting this type of error
THE ERROR IS FATAL ERROR #5100
THE CPU time/date stamp is earlier then the last access time of the ESL device.This is usually caused by incorrect boot date.

so please anybody for this problem.
Posted by: SUPERPIPER

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 06/29/10 01:26 AM

^
same here.

We cant use 5.2 at the moment because it just gives the machine the blue screen of death.

5.1 is buggy as hell as well.

Posted by: Nald

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 06/29/10 02:21 AM

ramprabhu1983,
This problem seems like we incountered while upgrading from Caear II 5.0 to 5.10. All we have to do is we re enter the autorization code. I'm not sure if this will work in your case. Try it, and see how it works!

Re: CaesarII-5.2 - 06/29/10 10:25 AM

Ramprabhu1983 - your problem is that the date stored on your ESL is later than the machine date on your computer - so c2 thinks you've back-dated the machine. Send the ESL Access Codes to techsupport to get this ironed out.

Superpiper - The quirkyness can be elimnated by changing the (graphics) configuration to use the "Windows Basic Video" driver instead of the "Opengl" driver.

Nald - the reauthorization codes will only work once, and they are specific to an individual ESL.