About Uniform Loads

Posted by: Ukundu

About Uniform Loads - 01/14/09 05:45 AM

Dear all,
IF i having a uniformly distributed load,Can anyone tell me how I can use this uniformly distributed load and uniform load in G's i.c effect of earthquack similtaneously.

Thanking you.
UKundu.
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: About Uniform Loads - 01/14/09 08:12 AM

In a given input file, your uniform load can be in either (a) force/length, or (b) g's. You can't support both units in the same input file at the same time.

Re: About Uniform Loads - 01/14/09 10:57 PM

dear sir,
If i having alarge pipe partially full of some material.Then there willl be a uniformly distributed load and if i aslo to be considered g's.Then how can i approche for the analysis to get accurate result.

Regards,
Ukundu
Posted by: shr

Re: About Uniform Loads - 01/14/09 11:10 PM

Fill "partially full of some material" as fluid density or insulation density with thickness to take care of it's weight.

Re: About Uniform Loads - 01/15/09 12:32 AM

suppose I having a pipe carying some dust,while carrying 30% of the cross-sectional area assumed to be filled by diposition.This 30% will be as UDL and aslo i have to considered g's.
Generallly we not do stress analysis of dedusting systen but i want to know just how much sustained load will occur in support.Pipe not having any insulation.
Now i can do another thing where 30% of cross-sectional load(due to deposition) to be converted to equivalent indulation thickness with proper insilation desity.
If I approah in this way will it be correct?
Posted by: shr

Re: About Uniform Loads - 01/15/09 02:02 AM

Yes
Posted by: Dave Diehl

Re: About Uniform Loads - 01/15/09 08:41 AM

I would say that depends on whether or not you want the mass of the dust to be a part of the g load. If you model your dust as insulation, then it will be included in your g load.

If was just checking dusty support loads, I would run a second analysis with dust as a uniform load.