weight no content load case

Posted by: junmar

weight no content load case - 11/19/08 07:54 PM

a good day to all,

i want to confirm if this is right regarding my load case, i put wnc on load case and i assigned operating condition? because in my piping configuration during operating condition the force that act on pump nozzle exceed the allowable, so my senior stress engineer told me to delete a support that cause over load on pumup nozzle, i delete a support that cause the over load then the force result is lower than the allowable. but i'm curious about the supporting in piping configuration becuase it seams not stable, so i evaluate the configuration in wnc case and then the result exceed the allowable. is thier anyone can clarify this matter.

thank you

regards,

junmar

Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: weight no content load case - 11/19/08 08:56 PM

"WNC" is "weight no contents". This is used when you have a fluid density specified but want to run a case with the pipe empty. WNC saves you from going back and zeroing the density. However, you would not use WNC in place of W simply to change the results.

The behavior of the system as you describe it may indicate that the weight distribution of the system is pivoting about a support or supports. Removing a support could change this behavior and definitely will cause a load re-distribution.
Posted by: junmar

Re: weight no content load case - 11/19/08 11:32 PM

thank you Mr. Rechard for the clarification.

regards,

junmar