Loop Force Coefficient

Posted by: paldex

Loop Force Coefficient - 11/03/08 03:30 AM

Dear Members,

While doing manual calculation for Loop sizing, forces at anchors/guides and check for bowing at the middle and at the base of loop. We require the minimum data or curves as listed below,

1. Loop Stress Coefficient Table/Chart
2. Loop Force Coefficient Table/Chart
3. curves for determining the deflections at different points in the Expansion "U" bend.

As i do preliminary pipeway layout for a project and i have only the Loop Stress Coefficient Table/Chart, i request any of the members to provide the remaining chart/curves (i.e.) Loop Force Coefficient Table/Chart and curves for determining the deflections at different points in the Expansion "U" bend.

For reference please find attached "Loop Stress Coefficient Table/Chart".

If atleast can any of the member can tell me the title and author of the book, where we find these charts and curves. Waiting for the positive reply.

Posted by: MoverZ

Re: Loop Force Coefficient - 11/03/08 10:31 AM

Bowing in an expansion loop sounds worrying and suggests high stress levels.

Why do you use these ancient charts when you could use Caesar and do a decent job ?
Posted by: sillyman

Re: Loop Force Coefficient - 12/17/12 04:44 AM

Hi,

I am also in need of the charts and curves reference standard. If anyone aware of it, please tell me the reference of it.

Re: Loop Force Coefficient - 12/17/12 07:13 AM

Sillyman,

Repeating my comment above ..... why do you want to use this ancient and inaccurate guff when you have access to Caesar ??

Re: Loop Force Coefficient - 12/18/12 01:19 PM

Moverz,

I am not asking the charts to do the final analysis. I required for initial layout where the piping designer can route the piping so that major changes can be avoided during the final analysis.

If you have, please share it...

Re: Loop Force Coefficient - 12/19/12 04:26 AM

It might be a good idea to involve the stress engineer in the piping design process from initial layout onwards, as many companies do, rather than waiting to do a 'final analysis'.

Re: Loop Force Coefficient - 12/19/12 01:00 PM

Thank you very much for your advise. You are a good adviser for nothing.
Posted by: Dave Diehl

Re: Loop Force Coefficient - 12/19/12 01:15 PM

Design of Piping Systems by Kellogg Company is back in print. That book has similar charts.