How can I batch input the displacement?

Posted by: aodi

How can I batch input the displacement? - 05/03/08 08:43 PM

Hi I am analysis offshore piping, and the vessel had sagging and hogging, I know this must used the displacement (node and cnode) input, but my model had 738 elements, if i had one by one input the displacement , i think this is so stupidity, so i want to know how can batch input this data.
THANK YOUR.
Posted by: Loren Brown

Re: How can I batch input the displacement? - 05/05/08 01:13 PM

In version 5.10 there is the ability to import displacements (Go to Piping Input and then select Tools->Import Displacements from File), however this won't help you because we cannot currently import displacements and input them on a Cnode. The way around this would be to import them all to the piping nodes instead of the Cnodes and then manually change the node numbers on the displacements definitions in your input file to be the Cnodes instead. To use this feature you will need to have a text file with all 9 vectors of displacement data for each node number (if you aren't using a vector you still need the zeroes). Contact techsupport@coade.com for format instructions.
Posted by: aodi

Re: How can I batch input the displacement? - 05/05/08 09:08 PM

Thanks Loren A Brown. Now your means that i didn't had any simple ways and means about input displacement , I must be on by one input?
I suggested that could you development program ,because i used the list input->displacements i usually had a desirability. It is the sug and hog data used EXCLE edit ,and ctrl+c to this interface.