Over bend model on CAESAR II

Posted by: Edgar

Over bend model on CAESAR II - 08/01/03 06:48 PM

In a large pipeline, how to input a bend with a large curvature radius and how to input the pipe support along the curvature?
Posted by: Anindya

Re: Over bend model on CAESAR II - 08/03/03 08:47 PM

Edgar,

You can model the same by adjusting "min. bend angle" option in configuration set up.The supports can be placed at specified angles within the bend. However if the bend angle is very small,with small radius, this can result in solution problems.

A.Bhattacharya

Stress Analyst

Bechtel Corporation

Re: Over bend model on CAESAR II - 08/03/03 08:55 PM

Sorry, I misread your mail.So kindly ignore my earlier response.I read " for small bend angle" instead of "large curvature ".

You can do the model by manually overriding the default long radius value in C2.

You can specify the bend angles at which you want to put supports. You may/maynot require to change the min. and max. bend angle options available in C2 Configuration set up,depending on whether your bend angle is within C2 specified 5 and 95 degreesor outside.

A.BHATTACHARTA

STRESS ANALYST

BECHTEL CORPORATION
Posted by: Edgar

Re: Over bend model on CAESAR II - 08/06/03 08:51 AM

Thank you very much,
I have a new doubt about the buried line analisys,
It's or not recomendated to anchor the line at the soil entry point of a buried line?

Re: Over bend model on CAESAR II - 08/07/03 01:42 AM

Edgar,

If your model includes the soil model it is not a requirement. Else, to simulate the actual behavior, putting an anchor at the soil entry point,is a good approximation.

A.BHATTACHARYA

STRESS ANALYST

BECHTEL CORPORATION