autopipe pcf to caesar design input missing

Posted by: Vas

autopipe pcf to caesar design input missing - 02/17/23 09:34 AM

hi,

I have received a .pcf file from autopipe to import to CII and i do not have any experience in such transfers. The model is there but it does not contain any info regarding temperatures, pressures, valve/flange weights, material etc. Should this information be included in the pcf file or should be accompanied by a .cfg file? And if yes, this .cfg file is loaded somehow on CII or is simply placed on the same folder?

Thanks
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: autopipe pcf to caesar design input missing - 02/18/23 08:36 AM

The exact answer to your question depends on what information exists in the PCF. The quickest way to resolve this issue is for you to file a Support Request on Smart Support, and send in the PCF file.
Posted by: Vas

Re: autopipe pcf to caesar design input missing - 02/20/23 02:21 AM

Hi Richard and thanks for your reply,

I will file the request as you suggested on Smart Support. I understand from your answer that a pcf file is capable to carry all information along with geometry the design input (materials/weights/temps/press) without the need of cfg file to accompany the pcf file.
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: autopipe pcf to caesar design input missing - 02/20/23 09:17 PM

The PCF is self-contained. As to how much information is in a particular PCF - that depends on who/what created that PCF.
Posted by: anubis512

Re: autopipe pcf to caesar design input missing - 02/22/23 09:44 AM

At least in my experience with PCF outputs from Plant3D and the like, it does not contain that information. Its generally just the routing of the system and you can select a material while importing. Then you have to go thru and check weights, insulation, temperatures, etc before.

It can save modeling time in C2 but it's not a direct import and go type situation, in my experience.
Posted by: danb

Re: autopipe pcf to caesar design input missing - 02/27/23 09:59 AM

Autopipe can export a .cii file from .dat. the exported cii ile will contain all info.

Try to ask for a cii file instead of pcf.