Latest version?

Posted by: randyk

Latest version? - 02/22/21 04:18 PM

I'm running Caesar II 2019, 11.00.00.4800 (Build 190424). The opening screen under "Latest CAESAR II Version Information" says Build 11.00.04.0200 is the latest but when I check for updates it says I'm running the latest version. I'm confused. Which is latest? How do you tell the latest service pack that's installed? Does this have something to do with changing the license scheme from HASP to ISL? How do I tell which licensing scheme it's using?

You're probably wondering how I don't know this but C2 is not my day to day workhorse. I only use it occasionally and my memory isn't good enough to remember what happened last time I updated, which doesn't seem like it was all that long ago. (A few months maybe?)
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Latest version? - 02/22/21 08:02 PM

The version number 11.00.04.0200 can be dissected as follows:

> 11 - the major version number (this is what the word 'version' refers to)
> 00 - the minor version number (we typically don't release 'minor versions')
> 04 - this is the Service Pack number for this specific major/minor version.
>0200 - the '02' here indicates 'build #2' of Service Pack 4.

I'm surprised the 'check for updates' doesn't indicate there is a later Service Pack available for your version, as well as a later version (Version 12). I suggest you go to Smart Support and download Service Pack 4. You should also look into why you don't have Version 12 and how you can acquire this.