Offline Caesar II files

Posted by: Veit Bockemühl

Offline Caesar II files - 02/10/02 11:50 AM

Dear Caesar II community,

When using the MS Windows 2000 option "files available offline" for the sysnchronization of folders between server and notebooks, the following behaviour of Caesar II occurs:

Input and solution routine work fine when the files are modified on a disconnected notebook , but the post-processor only shows tabular results.

When using the "display graphical results" -button the following note appears:

"ERROR - Incompatible input file. Version ID = 0."

Does anyone else had a similar problem?

Best Regards,
Veit Bockemühl
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Offline Caesar II files - 02/11/02 11:04 AM

I have never heard of this problem before. In order to check this out, could you:

• Advise if this problem happens all the time, or just with one particular job.
  • Does this problem occur on "the other machine" also, with the same job?
  • If the problem does not occur on "the other machine", what happens if you manually move the ._P file to the other machine? Does the problem go away?

If the problem persists, please zip up all of the job files associated with one of your problem jobs, and e-mail me the archive.

<i>(Our suspicion is that the synchronization process is corrupting the ._P file. Is this file very large? Was the process interrupted?)
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Offline Caesar II files - 02/19/02 08:53 AM

This operation has been tested by COADE personel. Here is the report:

Quote:
I synched a C2 data folder and it works OK. I won't say it worked flawlessly but I could run on either machine. I had trouble with the OTL file on occasion and there was some other nasty machine error but in every case, things worked as expected when I tried the same thing again.

Was he just synching files? Is he running the same Build on both machines?