Dynamic animation flaw

Posted by: pooria1978

Dynamic animation flaw - 05/15/19 08:54 AM

my dynamic calculation's animation seems to have the mind of its own! it does not show the motions properly. it is really hard to explain what it does actually; lets say for the first half of the scenario the entire model flickers and spins until finally it gets it together and everything goes normal. does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I tweaked with the graphical setting of CII and increased the memory allocated up to its max value.

thanks in advance,
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Dynamic animation flaw - 05/16/19 10:32 AM

It would help if:

1) What version of c2 are you running?
2) What graphics card is in your machine?
3) Can you file an SR and include the model file (so we can play with it)?
Posted by: pooria1978

Re: Dynamic animation flaw - 05/17/19 06:55 AM

Hi Richard,

1- my CII is version 2018
2- seemingly I have 2 graphic cards on my laptop; Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA Quadro P2000

3- Please find the attached zip file.

many thanks in advance,
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Dynamic animation flaw - 05/17/19 01:18 PM

This problem is related to a memory management issue, introduced in the initial release of Version 10. This was reported and fixed in Service Pack 1 to Version 10.

The current Service Pack is Service Pack 2. Please download Service Pack 2 from Smart Support, install it, and rerun dynamic analysis for this job. The animation will then behave as you expect.

(NOTE: When you start CAESAR II, the "Newsreel" will be on the left-hand side of the Main Menu. The top item here tells you what the latest version and service pack of the software is. You should always check this to ensure you're running the latest edition.)