Import/export of complete input data in a dynamic analysis

Posted by: Lido (TCS)

Import/export of complete input data in a dynamic analysis - 11/23/18 10:58 AM

for CII wish list...

I need a faster method to manage the complete input data set in the dynamic input analysis because i have to duplicate same base dynamic conditions to many different models.
is there now a fast method?

For example i have the same time history curves, same force sets (only to change nodes), same time history load cases, same combinations, same control parameters, same advanced paramenters to set in a new model, duplicating tehm for an existent one.

At now i have to reinsert each time the input data on a new stress analysis model: in future releases of CII, i wish to find two buttons (export/inport), one to save the complete dynamic environment to a file, one to load it in another model.
Posted by: Dave Diehl

Re: Import/export of complete input data in a dynamic analysis - 11/26/18 09:04 AM

You may consider duplicating an existing ._7 file under the jobname for the new dynamic analysis. I believe if there is no node-specific information (e.g., multiple shock spectra in a single dynamic analysis), the data should come over easily.
Check all the dynamic input...
Posted by: Lido (TCS)

Re: Import/export of complete input data in a dynamic analysis - 12/06/18 06:14 AM

thanx Dave,
the method seems to work (a little bit difficult for applying, but works).

Only for explain the magic to others:
- open the model where to insert dynamic data normally in the piping edit window of CaesarII --> for example the single SAMPLE.C2 will be exploded/unzipped in more files
- delete (if present) the SAMPLE._7 file
- copy your existent ._7 file in the same folder, and rename it in SAMPLE._7 (same name of the original .C2 file)

if you click now for opening the dynamic editor, the new dynamic data are present.

but Dave, a little click on a IMPORT button should be better for us and (i think) simple to be implemented by Intergraph programmers... don't you think so?
Posted by: Dave Diehl

Re: Import/export of complete input data in a dynamic analysis - 12/10/18 08:53 AM

Lido,

Yes such improvements will be considered. Thank you.