User Suggestion: Node Number Display and Tag Nos

Posted by: Michael_Fletcher

User Suggestion: Node Number Display and Tag Nos - 03/08/17 02:49 PM

Currently, we have the option to display node numbers...
ALL or
Anchors and/or
Hangers and/or
Restraints

What I instead suggest is:
All or
Anchors and/or
Hangers and/or
Restraints and/or
Named Nodes
Node Names as Numbers

As-is, I hesitate to use the node name feature as it prevents the node number from displaying. Named nodes also receive less preferential treatment from displaying due to having more characters.

Note, I am still using an older version of CAESAR, unfortunately, so some statements I made might not be true.
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: User Suggestion: Node Number Display and Tag Nos - 03/09/17 08:07 AM

Thank you for your suggestion. Actually we are working on this now for v.10.00.
Posted by: danb

Re: User Suggestion: Node Number Display and Tag Nos - 03/09/17 08:33 AM

Until then, if you want to use also the names and nodes you can write for example something like this: (10)N1. In this way you will also know which node is N1. Not many characters but still useful.
Posted by: Shahid Rafiq

Re: User Suggestion: Node Number Display and Tag Nos - 03/12/17 01:06 AM

Just my opinion:
Still the node number display is not good. The node numbers are hidden behind pipes, sometimes too jumbled and that is why I want to work by switching their display off.
Posted by: Mandeep Singh

Re: User Suggestion: Node Number Display and Tag Nos - 03/12/17 12:10 PM

Yes as Rich said there are node number enhancements coming in v10.0.

In most versions you can right click on graphics, choose display options (this is more memory as I am not looking at software) and set the hide overlapping text to yes. This will eliminate nodes overlapping and mixing the display. Then you can rotate around for better angle.

You can also hide nodes by range and use line number to hide/display or make parts of model translucent.

You can also change size of node number text.