Caesar II: which option I have to select to define seton Tee

Posted by: kk15

Caesar II: which option I have to select to define seton Tee - 09/21/15 08:59 AM

Can any one guide me which option to select to define seton or setin tee in TEE&SIF definition. This project we are doing as per EN13480.

Thanks and regards
Kanthi
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Caesar II: which option I have to select to define seton Tee - 09/21/15 01:24 PM

Assuming you are referring to H.3, then:

- the "seton" would correspond the to very last sketch - branch welded on fitting.
- the "setin" would correspond to the 2nd to last sketch - welded in contour insert.

Re: Caesar II: which option I have to select to define seton Tee - 09/22/15 06:43 AM

Thanks Richard.
Could you please tell me in CII input spread sheet for TEE's & SIF which one is the correct option to select for
- the "setin" would correspond to the 2nd to last sketch - welded in contour insert.

I selected 2nd option unreinforced, my calculated SIF's at that point as per code it is not matching option.

Best regards
KK
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Caesar II: which option I have to select to define seton Tee - 09/22/15 07:53 AM

The sketches and "common names" for the fittings addressed by c2 can be found in the Quick Reference Guide. A "welded in contour insert" is a Sweepolet, #4.

If you can't match the numbers, open a Support Request on Smart Support and send in your data.

Re: Caesar II: which option I have to select to define seton Tee - 09/22/15 08:44 AM

Thanks for information.

BR
kk