User Defined Time History Waveform in DLF/Spectrum Generator

Posted by: Borzki

User Defined Time History Waveform in DLF/Spectrum Generator - 09/11/14 07:48 AM

Hello Caesar Users,

I am doing a time history dynamic surge analysis. I've already got a time-force spectrum pulse data from the surge analysis of process engineer. I want to get the frequency cut-off thru the DLF/Spectrum generator to check the peak frequency. My question is, is there a way to enter the pulse data automatically by extracting it from a "txt file"?
I cannot find a button on the DLF/Spectrum generator to extract data automatically. What's the fastest way to do this other than manually inputting it?

Many thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers,
Posted by: Dave Diehl

Re: User Defined Time History Waveform in DLF/Spectrum Generator - 09/11/14 09:49 AM

When you are in the DLF/Spectrum Generator window where you define your time history you will see a Read from File button. Click that to read in your two column file holding time and load.

Re: User Defined Time History Waveform in DLF/Spectrum Generator - 09/12/14 06:42 AM

Sorry Dave if I've misinterpreted your response...The one that I've seen with the "Read from File" is from the "Tools----> Spectrum Data Points" but I can't see it from "Tools---> DLF Spectrum Generator" command both under Dynamic Analysis Window.

Thanks,
Posted by: Dave Diehl

Re: User Defined Time History Waveform in DLF/Spectrum Generator - 09/12/14 02:11 PM

I spoke too soon...
The Tool which converts time history into a force response spectrum does not have a "Read from File" button.
You are limited to 15 lines of time vs. load data here.
Sorry for my mistake.

Re: User Defined Time History Waveform in DLF/Spectrum Generator - 09/12/14 06:50 PM

Hi Dave...No worries..Anyway I've learned that the data from excel can be copied to that DLF/Spectrum Generator through "Ctl C" "Ctl V" command.

Thanks for the prompt response...