Auto Censor?

Posted by: Anonymous

Auto Censor? - 03/09/00 08:50 AM

Oh all powerful administrator some questions for you...

1)Since when is the word ****py, deserving of censorship? My dictionary the American Heritage 2cd college edition ISBN 0-395-3294-4, defines ****py as (used in my posting under the air fin topic) 3.a Worthless nonsense or 3.b something useless - rubbish.

2)What is the list of forbidden words so that future posts using defined terms such as ****py do not end up as stars?

3)Can yopu delet the word **** and all its derviations from the auto censor list? It is after all a defined term!

------------------
Best Regards,

John C. Luf
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: Auto Censor? - 03/09/00 09:14 AM

Attempting to use <font color="#ff0000"><em>censored words</em></font>?

This list of censored words was created just to keep the discussions on a "helpful" level. Some discussion forums (so far not ours) allow threads to degrade into name calling and blatant criticism. The censor list was my humble attempt to ensure this doesn't happen.

One of the reasons the COADE forums don't get more posts is that many users are afraid to post questions. Hopefully, by closely monitoring the posts, and preventing "banned words", users will feel more at ease and participate.

I admit, your use of the word "****py" was legitimate in the context used. Unfortunately, the Forum software isn't looking at context. My apologies ...

------------------
Regards,
Richard Ay (COADE, Inc.)