multiple batch running in CAESAR using an edited input file?

Posted by: des707

multiple batch running in CAESAR using an edited input file? - 05/24/12 10:53 AM

Is it possible to have CAESAR create an input file which is easily manually edited in for example excel/notepad etc..., so that multiples of these input files can be batched up to enable multiple runs to be performed in CAESAR.

The aim is to create a model in CAESAR and create a macro using visual basic or python scripting to produce multiple load cases to be batch ran in CAESAR II.
Posted by: Richard Ay

Re: multiple batch running in CAESAR using an edited input file? - 05/24/12 10:26 PM

There is no such facility to create models. However, once the models are setup, and pass Error Checking, you can use "\tools\multi-job analysis" to run them as a batch process.
Posted by: des707

Re: multiple batch running in CAESAR using an edited input file? - 05/25/12 02:47 AM

Is there no facility at all for CAESAR II to read an input file (not a model file) but just applied displacements or loads or restraints?
As i want to keep the model consistent just change applied loads because we have hundreds of loadcases to simulate.

Re: multiple batch running in CAESAR using an edited input file? - 05/25/12 04:08 PM

Yes there is a facility to read a CSV file of displacements. From the Piping Input Processor, select "\Tools\Import/Export Displacements".

There is information on this in the documentation. If you have further questions, open a Support Request on eCustomer and ask specific details.
Posted by: Ravanan

Re: multiple batch running in CAESAR using an edited input file? - 08/14/12 09:53 PM

Dear Sir,

How to run Multiple input files at the same time. I have 8 input files which is having different load cases and i want to analysis at the same time. But how to specify in Multiple Job analysis the different input files to run at a same time.

Re: multiple batch running in CAESAR using an edited input file? - 08/15/12 07:05 PM

Assuming all the jobs are readsy to run (passed Error Checking, load cases are setup), go to "\Tools\Multi-Job Analysis". Define the jobs and select (probably) the "Static" checkbox. Save this data, then on the menu select "Analyze" when you're ready.