altered allowable stresses

Posted by: Lando

altered allowable stresses - 10/17/11 02:11 AM

While working on the analysis of pipeline pig trap system I have encountered overstressing on the barred tee after changing the material of the pig trap barrels. Quite surprising that the allowable stresses in most or should I say, all the nodes were altered, though the change in material is only for a particular node.

Any ideas.
Posted by: danb

Re: altered allowable stresses - 10/17/11 02:41 AM

You need to change back the material for the elements that are after your particular element. Some changes are propagating and are not only for the current element.

Regards,
Posted by: Lando

Re: altered allowable stresses - 10/17/11 06:21 AM

By the way the material for the piping / pipeline sections is API 5LX65, while that for the pig trap is A106B.
Tried the said scheme, but seems it didn’t work-out. Please let me know if my understanding is correct,,,, what I have done is changing back or re-instating the API 5L X65 material for the pipeline / piping component while keeping the A106B for the pig trap barrels. Still could not get rid of the overstress at the barred tee.
Posted by: danb

Re: altered allowable stresses - 10/17/11 06:27 AM

If you can attach the file, I will try to see. If it is not possible, then send it to Coade, they will tell you what is wrong.

Regards,