Topic Options
#7683 - 02/27/06 01:55 PM Image Blocker
Ken A. Nisly-Nagele Offline

Loc: Greater Cincinnati IN/OH/KY, U...
I am often getting a graphic "WARNING Protected by Image Blocker www.dashtech.com" on the COADE site and don't see it on any other website. Are there any suggestions to prevent this graphic?

#7684 - 02/27/06 02:09 PM Re: Image Blocker
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
I'd like to know how you got this, specifically, are you linking directly into our web site?

(While you should be able to do this, we are using an image blocker. The reason for this is that there are a number of "less than respectable" web sites on the web that have linked to items and graphics from our web site. The problem with this is that these links are on web pages that many "less than respectable" persons visit every day. We were experiencing millions of hits per month due to this, causing our site to respond slowly to our own users. Using the image blocker prevents this huge bandwidth loss. The downside is you have to get in through "www.coade.com", as opposed to linking directly to some internal page.)

#7685 - 02/28/06 09:10 AM Re: Image Blocker

Richard -

I have both linked directly and through an internal page. So, that may expain the inconsistancy in when I see the WARNING.

In just checking with a direct connection it appears the problem has dissappeared. I'll plan to go directly to the website and let you know if any WARNINGS reappear.

Thank you,

Ken Nisly-Nagele

#7686 - 03/01/06 07:37 AM Re: Image Blocker

Richard -

Well, I got the Image Blocker today after signing on directly to Coade.com. But I think I figured out another piece of this problem. It occured while working remote from my office on a dial-up connection. As I think back, it may be that the Image Blocker warning has only occured only when I was working remotely. That would explain the intermittent nature of the problem.

Do you understand why the Image Blocker may be occuring when I'm working remote?

#7687 - 03/01/06 08:48 AM Re: Image Blocker
Richard Ay Offline

We just tested the site remotely and didn't get any "ImageBlocker" graphics. Could you perhaps have the page 'cached'? Does a "refresh" help things here?

#7688 - 03/03/06 02:45 PM Re: Image Blocker

Richard -

Thanks for persisting...as the Image Blocker is doing the same.

No, refreshing did not help. I noticed that when I came direct to the site via my bookmark, or direct to the FAQ page via my bookmark I got the Image Blocker. I tried several times to refresh to clear it...no luck.

I came into the discussion forum via my bookmark...no problem. I left, went direct to the site and the FAQ page via my bookmarks again...Image Blocker. Went to the the discussion forum again...no problem, it looks fine. Went from direct to site then to Support pulldown, then to Discussion Forums...Image Blocker.

Does any of that tell you anything...I'm at a loss...

- Ken

#7689 - 03/03/06 03:07 PM Re: Image Blocker
Richard Ay Offline

If you try to get to the site from a different location (say from home), does the problem still happen?

How are you getting to the Internet - through a network connection or via something like AOL?

#7690 - 03/06/06 07:48 AM Re: Image Blocker

The problem only seems to occur when working remote from our office. In that case I'm connecting to the Internet through a local internet service provider (dial-up, the DSL service is problematic).

At the office I access the internet thru our network via a T-1 line and I don't think the problem has occured.

#7691 - 03/06/06 07:51 PM Re: Image Blocker
Richard Ay Offline

When you are working remote, via dial-up, are you going directly to our site, or are you accessing your office machine, and hitting our site from there?

#7692 - 03/07/06 09:56 AM Re: Image Blocker

Direct to Coade site, not through office.

#7693 - 03/07/06 12:06 PM Re: Image Blocker
Richard Ay Offline

Rats. I'll have to pass this around some more. No one here has any idea why this is happening.

#7694 - 03/13/06 12:33 PM Re: Image Blocker

Richard -

Forget it...its a nuisance, but not so big a deal that I think you folks need to dig into it.

If you had a number of complaints and there was a known fix...I'd take it.

I'm still a satisfied customer...

- Ken

Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics