Topic Options
#52372 - 01/07/13 09:04 AM PD:5500 Annex G - PVelite vs. CodeCalc calculations
em_ut Offline

Loc: italy
Hello,
I have performed the local loads calculation of a nozzle according to PD:5500 Annex G using PVelite and the software raises an error message apparently due to the pressure (internal / external) values that have been used.
The error message is:
**Error: there was a divide by zero or other math error during the solution!

Such error message does not raise if the same calculation is performed with CodeCalc.
Please note that the input data are as follow:

internal pressure = 0 MPa
external pressure = 0 MPa
Design temp = 20°C

The calculation is used to verify the nozzle during lifting condition (the nozzle has a lifting lug attached to a blind flange).

Please find attached the 2 files of the calculation (.pvdb and .cci).

I'd appreciate an explanation of this issue.

Thanks.

Attachments
attachments.zip (388 downloads)

#52385 - 01/08/13 08:17 AM Re: PD:5500 Annex G - PVelite vs. CodeCalc calculations [Re: em_ut]
Ray_Delaforce Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Hello em_ut

I built a simple model in PV Elite using Annex G as the analysis for the nozzle, with zero pressure, and I did not get the same error you did. I also could not find your file. The best thing is for you to send me the file and I can look at it and see perhaps where the problem lies.

The best way to do this is to raise a techinal enquiry using our Siebel system. Here are the details you to raise the technical enquiry:

Dear Customer

Please read the following notice, we are requesting that you submit your technical support question in future as follows:

If you are a domestic (America based) customer of CAESAR II, PV Elite, or TANK, please go to https://crmweb.intergraph.com and log your SR (or request a login if you don’t have one yet).

If you are an international customer or a CADWorx customer, please go to http://www.coade.com/Support/Dealers.shtml to find out who to contact for support.

Just go to Submit a Service Request (under My Account). Click on New, fill in the form that is presented to you.
Hexagon PPM

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics