Topic Options
#15693 - 01/31/08 03:34 PM Standard Flanges for body Flange of heat exchnager. ?
Farid Masood Offline

Loc: Pakistan Lahore
can we use standard flanges for body flanges of a heat exchanger in PV-Elite.
I have tried to used standard flanges of NPS 18 inches, 300 rating, Slip on, for BEU type heat exhanger with tubesheet extended for bolting.PV-Elite does not do Tubesheet calculation. The Error is

---------------------------------------------------------
Tubesheet/Floating Head/Expansion Joint Error Report
---------------------------------------------------------

Error reading Flange data for the Tubesheet.
Please check the input for the flanges attached to the Tubesheet.

If the problem still persists then contact COADE or COADE's representative.

PV Elite 2008 ©1993-2008 by COADE Engineering Software

Can anyone tell me what is the problem. I think Pv elite does not accept standard flanges as body flanges for my particular configration, and if it possible for PVElite then how will PVelite do the calcualtion for the extended portion of tubesheet where bolting, gasket arm,etc will be required which is only available when the flanges are designed as per Appendix 2.

---------------------------------

#15694 - 01/31/08 03:44 PM Re: Standard Flanges for body Flange of heat exchnager. ? [Re: Farid Masood]
Mandeep Singh Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx, USA
Farid,

For a heat exchanger, you have to perform the calculation for the standard flanges that are bolted to the tubesheet, because you need the bolt load for computing the bolt load acting on the tubesheet.

If a pressure vessel has a standard flange. Then, you can utilize their pressure ratings and not perform the flange calculations. ASME code allows the use of pressure ratings if the standard flanges are used without any modification to the dimensions.

So, check the "Perform Flange Calculations" box and enter the flange dimensions.
Hexagon PPM

#59001 - 05/14/14 06:30 PM Re: Standard Flanges for body Flange of heat exchnager. ? [Re: Farid Masood]
LIBIN Offline

Loc: INDIA
Mr. Farid Masood,

If you are designing a U-tube heat exchanger and you clicked the analysis button without setting both flanges to the tube sheets,the Error message you have mentioned will pop up.

I know its a really late reply. still.

Cheers!!

libin

#60608 - 09/30/14 03:41 AM Re: Standard Flanges for body Flange of heat exchnager. ? [Re: Farid Masood]
MarcoFATI Offline

Loc: ITALY
Hi Libin!

Sorry but I'm a new User and I encounter the same error as Farid. I can't understand Your answer. In which way do I set the flange to the tubesheet?

Thank You in advance,

Marco

Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics