Topic Options
#41075 - 02/17/11 10:40 AM Multiple choices in spec... then changin line numbers.
JonBergmann Offline

Loc: Iceland
I am using a spec where I have multiple choices for bends,pipes and other fittings in a single spec, different thicknesses and pressure classes.

And my problem is that I need to change many items, but when changing the items they always change to the first possibility in the spec.

Is the a possibility choose which choice Cadworx changes to?

Example:
I want to change a line number of a pipe, it is set at a certain thickness and when I change the line number, cadworx changes the pipe thickness to the first option of possible pipes.

The reason for this is the old spec I am using is an inhouse spec that has been changed beyond repair and I want to use a "standard" spec.

I don't want to have a zillion different specs for different thicknesses and pressure classes.

#41078 - 02/17/11 11:39 AM Re: Multiple choices in spec... then changin line numbers. [Re: JonBergmann]
Wolfe Offline
CGNP

Loc: South Carolina, US
Try the SPECOPTION toggle.

#41087 - 02/17/11 11:05 PM Re: Multiple choices in spec... then changin line numbers. [Re: JonBergmann]
Vanman Offline

Loc: JHB South Africa
Originally Posted By: JonBergmann

Example:
I want to change a line number of a pipe, it is set at a certain thickness and when I change the line number, cadworx changes the pipe thickness to the first option of possible pipes.

This does not compute. What command are you using to change the linenumber ?

#41098 - 02/18/11 09:57 AM Re: Multiple choices in spec... then changin line numbers. [Re: Vanman]
clarkrj Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
From what I have learned from Intergraph there is no way to directly choose any selection other than the top selection in the list without doing it item by item.

#41136 - 02/21/11 09:17 AM Re: Multiple choices in spec... then changin line numbers. [Re: clarkrj]
JonBergmann Offline

OK

Maybe I didn't explain it right the first time.

I will just go through an example

1. I have a pipe and bend I want to change line number and spec.
2. I choose the pipe segment and bend and use SPECCHG to change the spec from A to B
3. I change the line numbers for the pipe and bend to match the SIZE and SPEC. (optional)

At this point it looks seems to be fine... but... if I for example need to use CONVERTSOLID command it redraws the bend... but now with a different bend radius, thus not connected to pipe. That happens because the first option for the bend in the spec I chose was not the one I wanted, I wanted a bend in the same spec but with another bend radius or schedule. (same with the pipes, first option in spec is chosen)

Wolfe, I tried SPECOPTION, but it did not help with this.

#41140 - 02/21/11 09:31 AM Re: Multiple choices in spec... then changin line numbers. [Re: JonBergmann]
clarkrj Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
What I said above does apply to your situation. I have a somewhat simular situation where I would like to have he program look at a particuler item in the spec that is not the first in line. I have been told by several people, including the support people at Intergraph that there is no way to do this and it must be a manual process.

I hope this is addressed in the future as it would reduce designer input and thus the possibility for errors. This is something that we do in almost every project many many times so it is not just when there is a change to the size or spec for us.

#41141 - 02/21/11 09:58 AM Re: Multiple choices in spec... then changin line numbers. [Re: clarkrj]
JonBergmann Offline

Thanks Clark

This is the answer I feared... that I had to do this manually.

Moderator:  Dominik Hepp 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics