pipingdesignonline.com

Topic Options
#72086 - 08/28/18 03:40 PM Isogen Iso Management for Revisions and Project Phases
Cole Offline

Loc: South of I-10, SW Louisiana
#1 Looking for better help information on "IsogenSetting" in CADWorx CFG. CADWorx help pdf document states; Isogen Repeat File has to be configured in the Isogen Project for the repeat file import to be active. I cannot find a repeat file nor any information on a repeat file.

#2 At one time I saw a video showing workflow for managing Isogen iso changes/revisions. Is there anything out there? Was this process using reports? Is there any help info out there?

#3 Dilemma: We have a large project that will be phased. There are some iso systems that will have same numbering series between phase and we would like to continue the sheet counts, spool counts, etc. Is there a way to run a second set of iso's and continues spool numbering where it left off without running entire iso system everytime?

#72089 - 08/28/18 11:17 PM Re: Isogen Iso Management for Revisions and Project Phases [Re: Cole]
Vanman Offline

Loc: JHB South Africa
Information on the repeat file you will find in the I-configure help section.

Essentially you go to Style > Drawing Manager > Reports then create a repeatability return file with Revised Ascii configuration. Chose the relevant options you want for material list/start points etc.

Then you set the IsogenSetting apprpriately and thats pretty much it.

I nice command to know is the ISOGENRESET command that will clear any repeatability settings in the model.

Also bear in mind that the Part number sorting on the MLD still follows the regular Isogen sort order, ie. Pipes > Elbows > Fittings etc. so you can and will get BOM's that are not sequentially numbered. It it what it is unfortunately.

Edit : The Revison clouding is managed with CustomData > Mapped attributes etc. This does not require the repeatability report, but using these two features in tandem makes alot of sense.

A word of warning though, if you are using a shared config, its difficult to have different users dropping isometrics on Rev A / Rev B / Rev C simultaneously, as when you change the revision identifier in the CFG, it then applies to all lines. This is something you will need to keep an eye on and manage carefully.

Edited by Vanman (08/28/18 11:24 PM)

#72100 - 08/29/18 08:16 AM Re: Isogen Iso Management for Revisions and Project Phases [Re: Cole]
dgorsman Offline

Agreed with @Vanman. I looked at the repeatability files, but combined with multiple users spinning iso's and the BOM looking out of order (pipe IDs listed as 1, 2, 7, 3...) stuck a fork in it.

Revision clouding is... interesting. We don't use custom properties for tracking component revisions, instead we manage it automatically through the PCFs with the ISOGEN pre-processor. The clouds can get really ugly but like most things ISOGEN it's about convincing the checkers about accuracy and speed first, pretty later provided there is time.

#72109 - 08/29/18 11:09 PM Re: Isogen Iso Management for Revisions and Project Phases [Re: Cole]
Vanman Offline

Loc: JHB South Africa
Dgorsman, which preprocessor are you using for revisions ? I would interested to know more about your workflow.

#72112 - 08/30/18 08:18 AM Re: Isogen Iso Management for Revisions and Project Phases [Re: Vanman]
dgorsman Offline

Originally Posted By: Vanman
Dgorsman, which preprocessor are you using for revisions ? I would interested to know more about your workflow.

It's a custom EXE, which massages the PCF content in a couple of different ways before that's consumed by ISOGEN. It handles revision IDs on components and replaces the OOTB FDF/ATT line number attribute system, and a few other tasks. The component revision part looks to previous revisions of the current iso (e.g. if this is rev 1, it looks at rev 0)to see which components have changed, which are new, and which have been removed/replaced.

Moderator:  Dominik Hepp 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics