I've got a couple of questions regarding usability of Caesar and I haven't been able to find solutions yet:

1. Is there a way to turn off the pop up window that comes up every time I uncheck a box (i.e. delete a support, etc) in the spreadsheet? I know I deleted a support, that's what I wanted to do. Having a box pop-up to tell me is generally insulting and a waste of time.

2. Clicking check boxes in the spreadsheet. It always takes a double click to activate a check box. Most check boxes in other programs I've used are single click. Is there a way to set it for single click in Caesar?

3. Liberal Stress Allowable - Is there a registry or configuration setting to have this OFF by default? I almost always have a wasted run as I forget to go and uncheck this and don't get reminded until I see the results screen.

4. List Input - I'm finding that in the list input screen, there are many boxes that won't accept editing, an example is the operating design load on the hangers tab. I have to work with reviewing a lot of operational systems where I have to guess the spring designs based on measurements in the field and I have to "design" the springs to the hot load that I can read. Afterwards, I hard code the cold load and spring rate to use the "designed" spring in a modified design (tie-in, reroute, etc). I can quickly go through the list input to fill in the cold loads and spring constants, but I cannot remove the hot design values in the list. I have to go to each individual screen and that wastes time.

5. Function Keys - Most of the people in my group are finally moving off of the DOS version 3.24 of CAESAR II. The biggest complaint about the windows version so far (aside from being much, much slower) is the loss of function keys to navigate the spreadsheet input. Input into the spreadsheet is much slower in Windows vs. DOS as you have to keep moving from keyboard to enter info to mouse to navigate the screen and back. Will we see the functionality of the shortcut keys restored in a future release? Or perhaps a move to a new input paradigm that makes better use of the graphical environment an the mouse to build piping models?

6. The up arrow doesn't work correctly in the restraint window. Hitting any of the arrow keys in the restraint portion of the spread sheet will only move to the next field down. In order to move back up, so far, the only way I've found is to use the mouse.

If any of these are settings I can change, please let me know how.

Thanks,
--ED

All the world is a Spring