Hello Stressers,

I am doing a comparison for wave loading between Caesar II and another beam element software. For simplicity, I only consider the drag force by setting Cd=1 and all other factors such as Ca=0, Cl=0, and Marine growth and density=0. Also, to make it more simple I did not consider the current in the input but only the water depth= 95.33 ft, wave height=16.4 ft wave period 11.1 sec, wave kinematics factor=1 and direction cosines X=1 and Z=0. The wave theory I use is Stream Function order 11. All this information are the same for both software including the wave theory.

The difference I can see is that the other software's output for wave forces is Fx and Mz while Caesar II have Fx, Fz, Mx, and Mz. Both values for Fx and Mz for both software are almost the same only some minor difference maybe in the non-linear calculation of particle velocity, there is a small difference between two software. My only question is the Fz and Mx component, where it came from?

My example is a simple cantilever beam with fixed end and free end oriented downward (20 ft long, 12.75 in OD and 0.626 in thick). Coordinate of the first node is the same for both software especially the Y coordinate.

Thanks in advance for your answer to my query. Just correct me if I made any wrong statement.

Cheers,