Hello Stressers!!!

In my current company, I have seen this equipment list and there is a section there where there is a requirement of zero nozzle allowable at interface to cooling tower. This equipment list is still in the FEED stage of the project. Yes, there is an expansion at the tie-in point, but this does not necessarily mean that the load will be zero at the interface point to cooling tower package. There will still be some load although not so high.

I want to know from my fellow stressers, how do you straighten out this issue to Mechanical group or Cooling Tower Vendor. They will just simply say, just add support as near as possible to cooling tower.

Anyway, just correct me if I have made any wrong statement. Please share also those who have experience the same. What I'm thinking is to do flange check at the interface but documentation wise, I think it's not ethical to ignore a requirement which is impossible to achieve. It is better to straighten out that requirement as early as possible and put some realistic values.

Cheers!!!