Query:-1
1.)As per the snap attached below, please note that there are 2 heat exchangers. I have modeled them as pipe elements filled with water.

2.)After that I calculated the weight of the heat exchanger modeled in CAESAR-II and compared it with actual operating weight provided by the heat exchanger manufacturer.

3.)To ensure that correct weight is used in CAESAR-II, The difference between CAESAR-II model and actual operating weight is added to heat exchanger model by defining a UDL for the weight difference.

4.)The UDL is defined only for the heat exchangers and not for the rest of the piping.

5.) Still when I activate the color coding tab, I see that UDL is highlighted for the piping also. Can you please clarify the reason. Refer the snap below for reference.

Query:-2
1.)I have modeled the Heat exchanger supports as rigid elements and have provided the restraints as per fixed and sliding saddles.

2.)Ideally the operating weight provided by the heat exchanger manufacturer should match with the loads taken. By the saddle supports in CAESAR-II.

3.)If we take a look at the restraint summary for the operating load case W+T1+P1+U1+F1; it does not match. What is the reason for the same.

Attachments
01.jpg