I have some questions generally about vibration.
- B31-1 is really superfiacialy saying that the designer should consider vibration .The exact wording is B31.1(101.5.4) :
" Piping shall be arranged and supported with consideration of vibration [see paras.120.1c and 121.7.5]". But simply there is no clue what to do at the design stage.

so the first question is
1- What actions must the designer take acc. to ASME B31-1 to avoid severe vibration at the design stage?

2- 120.1(c) states " Where resonance imposed vibrationand/or shock occurs during operation, suitable dampeners, restraints, anchors, etc. shall be added to remove these effects."

Now let us consider during operation(or commisioning) vibration is noticed. Then what the design engineer's responsibilities. I am working for a company which was responsible for only design work, not the assembly or commisioning etc. I am not sure if they had done the installation acc. to my designwork. But they are asking me to check the system at the field. What action should I take? Am I supposed to go there and stop operation wait till it gets cold start to check isometric drawings and the installation? Or simply am I supposed to analyse the vibration if it is necessary to take action or not?

3- I am simply not well knowlegded about vibration analysiss, can any one help me especially give the outlines (such as responsibilities, procedure,old histories etc. )?

Should all piping designers be vibration analysts ?

Really appreciate any expert help.
Thank you all in advance.