Hello,

Can anybody address the gap between real situation and analysis results?

I have Desander connected to a wellhead. Desander consists of 12” pipe vessel and 3” nozzle at the end with two saddles anchored to a skid (it is a kind of anchor to anchor design; unbelievable!). Its design temp is 400 deg F (204 deg C). This is vendor’s design responsibility.

There is a 3m long 2” XS piping straightly running between the wellhead and Desander. Design /Install temp is 38 and -20 deg C, respectively. This is anchor to anchor; one anchor is wellhead and the other is nearest anchored saddle. I have the max allowable bending moment at the wellhead given by vendors. Piping should be straight run between them.

It looks simple but the anchor to anchor layout bothers me. Of course thermal force between two anchors causes a way higher bending moment at wellhead- Failure. Consequently, everybody is surprised and says “If the analysis is right, the past projects more than 3000 job should be failure” Main factor seems to be at design/install temp but I don’t want to play with the figures.

Any idea? Or any special consideration I would miss?

Many thanks in advance.