Dear All
I am doing analysis of pump suction line at maximum operating temperature 100 deg C. Line is coming From condensate collection tank to pump suction . Tank diameter is 14000mm.I calculate horizontal displacement of around 10mm based on axial expansion of 7000mm ( i,e Diameter of tank). This expansion is creating huge nozzle load in pump suction nozzle since line routine in quite stiff due to layout constraint. Tank & pump are in same foundation so there is no settlement issue.

Since it is tank I do not expect 10 mm increase in diameter throughout at operating condition like normal expansion of a straight line .I check with mechanical they also do not calculate expansion of tank diameter with PV ELITE .
To get a reasonable value of horizontal expansion of tank I was thinking to calculate Change in peripheral length ( 2 x22/7 x Tank radius) at operating condition & then convert it to diameter to get change in diameter of tank at operating condition.

Am I right with my calculation procedure or have to calculate horizontal displacement of tank nozzle based on expansion of tank diameter always.

Regards

Habib